Welcome to Brecknock Sinfonia Croeso i fyd Sinffonia Brecknock
Brecknock Sinfonia, a first class Orchestra for Brecon and the surrounding district.
The distinguished musician Mark Foster founded Brecknock Sinfonia in the summer of 1999, when he came to live in the area. Wishing to put on concerts in local venues he invited musical friends to play and from these small beginnings, the Orchestra emerged and gradually grew and widened the scope of its repertoire, to considerable critical acclaim.
Since Mark's death in 2007, the Orchestra has had several conductors, including James Slater and Roger Langford.   Michael Bell has now been appointed the orchestra's regular conductor.
It is a blend of professional players, instrumental teachers and talented amateurs from across South Wales and the Marches. They come together for four concerts a year, usually in Brecon but sometimes in other venues.
The Orchestra is run by a committee of its members.There is an active social and fund raising group, the "Friends of Brecknock Sinfonia", which supports the Orchestra financially, and helps to raise its profile.
-    Conductor:     Michael Bell
-    Soloist:             John Rath
-    Soloist:             Katherine Thomas
-    Holst:                  St. Paul's Suite
-    Finzi :                 Let us Garlands Bring
-    Mahler :             Adagietto from Symphony No. 5
-    Handel:              Harp concerto in B flat
-    Debussy :           Danse Sacreé et Danse Profane
-    Elliot Kempton:           Variations on Scarborough Fair
-    Bartok:               Romanian Folk Dances